Wednesday, January 16, 2008

The Mind of Christ

What are your goals for 2008? Really, I'd like to hear about them.

One of mine is to read more rapidly through the Bible. I'm a very slow reader because I tend to study even the pronouns of a sentence. I have a hard time getting through one verse without cross referencing it to other passages.

But, much of the New Testament was written as letters to believers which were meant to be read aloud. Some letters were undoubtedly read in one sitting. Although that seems like a long time to spend reading a letter, we could do it if we made it a priority and had fewer distractions in our lives.

So, I want to spend more time this year just reading chunks of the Word. My hope is that the words I read in chunks (without the deeper study) will work better together and help me to better know my Lord.

This morning, I turned to 1 Corinthians. In chapter 2 it says, "For who among men knows the concerns of a man except the spirit of the man that is in him? In the same way, no one knows the concerns of God except the Spirit of God. Now we have not received the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, in order to know what has been freely given to us by God." And, "For: 'who has known the Lord's mind, that he may instruct Him?' But we have the mind of Christ." (1 Cor. 2:11-12, 16 HCSB)

Exactly my hope in 2008!

All of my goals aren't so lofty. So, click the "comments" link and share with us your goals or resolutions for 2008.

No comments: