Monday, January 28, 2008

Assignment: Find me 1 pound!

Straight Up; this has been a bad weekend. I relaxed. I forgot. I succumbed. I made excuses.

After having a good week of eating and exercising the way I hope to for life and seeing the results of those good choices on the scales, I gave in. I don't know exactly what happened. Mr. Gatti's Pizza happened at one point. I pre-determined in my mind (never speaking this to Christi so I would have an "out") having only 2 pieces and a salad. "But, the pieces are small", I internally coaxed. I had determined to drink water with my pizza but "one Coke won't hurt too much." And then the refills were just - too - easy. Cookies and chocolates homemade by my daughters can't be skipped – can they? Of course, 2 or 3 may be just a little much – but whose counting?

Needless to say, I backslid! Enough about the past! I start the week with new resolve and those 2 pounds I put back on are on the top of my list. This morning I woke at 5:30 and took to the treadmill (and a good book). A good breakfast and a packed lunch and I'm ready to tackle it again.

I'm considering the possibilties that you may have had this occur in your diet attempts already this year. If you've faced a setback, a disappointment, a moment of weakness I want you to know you're not alone. We've all done that. But, once you've fallen off the horse you can't just "waller" in the mud. As we've all heard hundreds of times,"you've got to get right back on that horse." So, giddy-up!

Do you know how many calories are in 1 pound? 3,500. To lose one pound you have to burn 3,500 calories more than you consume. Sound like a lot? Only 500 calories per day to lose 1 pound per week. Can you eliminate 500 calories in a day?

To get back on track I have an assignment for you. I want you to find me one pound.

Get rid of the easy calories – the ones we don't even need. If you regularly drink a softdrink a day, you can eliminate 140 calories per day just by switching to water. Do you drink more than one? Even easier. Small bag of Doritos for lunch? Another 140. Cut a couple of portion sizes and voila – you're there.

Don't know how many calories you're consuming in a certain product? Check the label or go here.

Do it today! Find me 1 pound. You may be surprised at how easy this can be. Report back here. I've already heard from many who have a renewed desire to win this battle after reading this blog and YOUR comments. You are helping others. So, join in - it's essential to our success.

No comments: