Thursday, February 14, 2008

On Track!

Before the New Year arrived I decided I was going to make some resolutions and stick to them this year. In the past my resolutions had turned to dust by the end of January. To make this year different I wrote out my resolutions and set intermediate goals (though I’ve not been real dedicated to reviewing them as often as I would like).

If you’ll recall from this inaugural post I set an intermediate goal to “drop 5 pounds by February 15”. I set this goal because it’s the first day of our Sunday School class’ marriage retreat. It gave me 4 weeks (didn't start until 1/14) to make some progress and since I really wanted to look and feel lighter for this get-away with my wife it also was a natural motivator.

All along I’ve been telling you how I would reach these goals and encouraging you too. So, I feel that I should also let you in on the results. As of this morning I have lost a total of 9 pounds. (queue crowd noise!) That actually puts me within 1 pound of my next intermediate goal so I’m ahead of schedule. I plan to lose a little ground during the weekend with some chocolate covered strawberries and maybe even a hamburger! But, I’ve found that the momentum is on my side now and even a couple of cheats aren’t going to stop the train.

I hope this post encourages you to continue on your journey. It’s no sprint and you don’t have to cross the finish line tomorrow. Just take a step in the right direction.

I want to encourage you as you go, so please let us know (in the comments) how you’re doing.

If you’re just joining us you can see “the plan” (mostly encouragement) here.

No comments: