Thursday, February 07, 2008

Success Takes Time

I love success. Who doesn’t? It doesn’t matter the arena. We love success.

I enjoyed watching the Tennessee Vols basketball team put the hammer down on the Gators in the second half Tuesday night. Success!

For me, it happened so quickly. I turned on the tube and watched it happen. But for the Vols it was a long time coming. This season’s 20-2 start is the best ever – ever - for the basketball Vols. Behind the backdrop of this succsess you’ll find sweat and hard work. And behind that? A passion for success.

You and I have been determined (at some level) to claim success as we strive toward an improved diet for life. And from that some weight loss for 2008. Maybe you’ve already seen great success over the last few weeks. My guess is that it's just possible that your determination has wained ever so slightly as Jan 1 fades into the timeline of recent history and your resolve with it.

Remember today, that success takes time. You're on a journey with many steps. Today is a step in the right direction. Don’t try to “arrive” today. Today is simply a step. Take that step today!

No comments: